Restoran Sri Nirwana Maju @ Jalan Telawi, Bangsar

Had my very first Banana Leaf rice with hubby at Restoran Sri Nirwana Maju!

I remembered my dad used to bring us family out for banana leaf rice at Taiping when we were younger. But, we were too young for banana leaf rice since the portion was huge and it had lots of curry and chili involved, so we basically just watched him eat lol.

And then until last week, I suddenly had a crave for banana leaf rice and I don't know why. So, I went online and did some research about the best banana leaf restaurant in town. It came out with a list of restaurants and I picked Sri Nirwana Maju since it has lots of good reviews and also it's because I saw my ex-boss brought his wife to this restaurant for banana leaf rice as well. Okay, I trusted his taste, so Hubby and I just went for it.

We arrived there around 6pm and please always bear in mind that it's hard to get a parking slot in Bangsar area at almost every hour, especially the peak hours. But, hubby and I, we both lucky bastards found a perfect parking space RIGHT IN FRONT of Restoran Sri Nirwana Maju!

After we parked the car, as expected, the restaurant was packed with people, we thought we will have to wait for a while to get a table, but again, we both lucky bastards got the last available table in the restaurant.

After we have well seated, the waiter came to take order. We ordered two banana leaf rice with curry mutton and red chicken as our side dishes. It's completely optional. You may order just one side dish to share. :)

Later on, the waiter came to place our banana leaves on the table and started to scoop out some veges and rice to our leaves. Then, the waiter poured some curry of our choice onto our rice. I had fish curry, whereas hubby had chicken curry. I personally liked fish curry the most, as the sourish taste helped to whet the appetite.

Banana Leaf Rice at Restoran Sri Nirwana Maju @ Jalan Telawi, Bangsar

Here they are, our banana leaf rice.
(Hubby didn't have fork and spoon because he wanted to eat with his hand.)

The banana leaf rice here at Restoran Sri Nirwana Maju comes with rice, 3 veges of the day, curry of your choice, salted chili and assam chili. Usually, that will be enough for a one full meal, but if you want more, you may get their side dish to go along with your banana leaf rice as well. Here, we ordered curry mutton and red chicken. We also asked for their papadum, but I guess it's a complementary dish, it will still comes to you even if you didn't ask for it.

Our total bill: RM37 (2 banana leaf rice, 2 side dishes, 1 teh tarik and 1 teh o ais.)

That's all for today.
Please stay tuned for more updates!

Restoran Sri Nirwana Maju Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment